Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Go Away, Big Green Monster




One of our most favorite books is "Go Away, Big Green Monster", by Ed Emberley.  Very simple wording and pictures and the reader has the power to make the monster "go away".  Great for learning colors, shapes and pre-reading, not to mention, empowering too.  They love to "read" it themselves. 
 We used it as a shape activity as well as colors for my 2 year old.  I asked them what colors they wanted to use and what shapes they needed for each face part.  R loves pink, so she was not having a "big, green face".  Fine by me, I love when they express themselves, especially creatively.

Here are our "Big Green Monsters". 
Pin It

1 comment:

Amy A @ Child Central Station said...

I love this! We just made a flannel board set for this book. My little ones have loved this book for years (I've had to replace it multiple times!)