Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Do It Yourself Board Game

T loves to play games but sometimes all the pictures and numbers on the board games can be distracting.  So I thought we might start simple.  I got a large piece of paper.  This was actually the back side of a large piece of contact paper that I had from our "Sticky Feet" activity. (You can find that activity on one of my older post.) 
Anyway, I taped it to the table and used a marker and cup to make circles on the paper.  I cut out a picture of a house from a toy catalog and taped that to the top as our destination.  We used a couple of our toy people for our markers.  We rolled a die and counted how many dots.  Then we moved that many circles.  It didn't take long to get to the house and it was a great counting/number activity as well.  I can't even tell you how many times we have played this game.  So fun and so simple. 





Pin It

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is such a great idea! You can use it over and over again.

Kelly said...

Love the idea of taping it to the table. Fabulous!