Friday, February 4, 2011

Painting the Roses Red, and Purple and Orange....

After cutting up the egg cartons for our memory game, my daughter thought they needed a little color.  So we painted them.  My son decided to paint a crane instead.  Anyway, they sort of looked like little flowers to me so I got out some other materials.  We punched holes in the bottom of the egg carton and stuck pipe cleaners through them. We added a dot of glue and a shmuzzy in the middle.  We pushed a ball of play dough into a yogurt container, or our "vase", to weigh it down.  Then we pushed the pipe cleaner flowers into the play dough after adding a couple decorative stickers to the "vase".  I think they came out perfect and they will never wilt!




Pin It

2 comments:

Mihaela { Best Toys 4 Toddlers } said...

They turned out beautiful! :)

Cathy @ NurtureStore said...

Oh, they're lovely. I could do with some spring flowers to cheer up this grey time of year!