Monday, June 11, 2012

Handprint Mermaid

I didn't take pictures of us doing this project because I wasn't planning on blogging about it.  It just came out so lovely that I felt the need to share with all of you.  My daughter loves mermaids.  Anything and everything mermaids!  She wants a mermaid tail so she doesn't need to hold her breath under water.  She is mesmerized with them.  She really wanted to make one so I googled "mermaid crafts" and got this Hand print Mermaid, from Education.com.  I let her choose which colors of paint she wanted. We painted part of her arm and her 4 fingers purple and made a print on the paper to create the tail.  When the paint dried she drew in arms and the head, and glued on google eyes.  Then we painted her other hand pink and made a hand print for her hair.  I gave her some sparkles and we happened to have some foam fish stickers for the other details.  I just love it.  I am in search of the perfect frame for it. 








Pin It

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your idea is super cute! I am the same way, I am obsessed over finding a way to become a mermaid. By the way, I'm only 11 years old, and it's been my lifelong dream to become a mermaid. I've tried spellbooks, potions, even tarot cards and $20 psycicks! Nothing works. It totally sucks!